Fraudsters are not only in the streets but also online.† Donít be a victim of rampant fictitious vacancies that are posted on job boards and direct offers through email. Scammers goal is to steal your money or use your personal identity for illegal activities.† Having dealt with several queries, this I can tell you, if itís too good to be true, then probably it is.
What is a job scam?
It is an offer of employment by scammer that pose as a genuine employer using legitimate company names.† They offer huge salaries, paid vacations and family benefits.† Once they get the information they need or got a job seeker fee in advance, they disappear for good with no trace.† Jobseekers will be vulnerable to identity theft with no actual job and canít get their money back. ††††††††††
Hereís the thing, scammers are more elaborate into details, it would sometimes appear as a real legitimate job.† So how do distinguish if it is a scam?† Hereís what you need to do.
- †Research the company in google and compare the details you get from them
- †Check the Url extension of the email, it should be the same as their official website
- †Do not pay any fee, employers donít ask for payment from applicants
- †Never share your personal details, such as credit card and social security number
- †Check online if there are previous scam thread or forums about that company offering a job
- †Call the company human resource department and ask or follow-up the job
Here are known list of job scam online. †
Let me know if you have anything to add or if you or a friend is a victim of this illegal sting.
Any more questions, feel free to comment below and or post a question on your social media accounts with hash tag†#AskRafaelRoxas,†you can also message me directly in†TWITTER, FACEBOOK or INSTAGRAM.